Monday, September 3, 2007

Whew I am tired!


This weekend was an absolute blast. From being able to spend time with my honey to hanging with my sweet Sammie. (btw Adam just scared the crap out of me...Clemson just recovered a fumble....pray for me....he needs to come into the light....this is all thats wrong with him....Clemson.) Any hoo. I just wanted to share a few highlights from the weekend.
1) Penny. Penny came into our lives Saturday, at Tractor Day with my Daddy. Sammie (Sally Ann) spotted her from a mile away. She is the cutest thing ever. She can sleep anywhere and hasn't peed on the carpet yet. Sammie has wanted a dog for so long and between the 2 of us we got her to crack and say yes. Penny got to walk downtown in Chimney Rock and ride on the pontoon. She is precious and we all love her so much already.
2) The Braves game. We lost but Adam and I went to Turner Field without one student from our youth group. Something that has never happened before. :) It was great until we went home and were stuck in Atanta traffic. He was fine, me I was a nervous wreck.
3) Adam's favorite memory: Trying to roll his kayak. He has been able to "run the whitewater" but hasn't learned to roll the kayak. This was so scary. I am standing knee deep in water at the dock at the lake while he is purposely trying to flip over and come back up in a kayak. Meanwhile, I am not to help. Even Caroline...the really gutsy grandkid was nervous. Oh yeah she almost killed him while she was driving the ski boat and he was tubing. Oh yeah his life flashed before my eyes! Well Adam never was able to completely flip over. He would flip, be under water and have to pull the spray skirt and swim out. He still had a blast. By the way...this wasn't he FAVORITE memory from this weekend but I am not going to describe his fav...just use your imagination. :)
I was so thankful for this weekend. It was restful and inspiring. The mountains were majestic and the food was good what more could you ask for?!




1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

Getting a little gutsy with your posts, huh?