Monday, September 24, 2007

Love Comes Softly

"Love Comes Softly" is one of my favorite movies. I used to play Little House on the Prairie as a little girl with Caroline and we would have a ball pretending we had to live in this one room house, grow our own food, and plow our fields. Sunday I was home from church sick so what did I do to keep myself busy, I watched all the "Love" movies. Now these are Hallmark movies. that were originally books by Jenette Oak. As I am watching this love unfold on these movies I remembered playing with Caroline. I imagined what life would be like for Adam and I if we were pioneers in the west. Such a young family starting a new life miles away from your own family. Missy ( a character in the books/movies) leaves her family and travels with her husband in a wagon train toward their dreams! I panicked moving 4 hours away as a newlywed. I mean I wouldn't see my family for a month how could I make it? Anway...then I realized I am a pioneer. Ifelt empowered by my realization. I could grow my own food, take care of my husband, and maybe even have natural childbirth one day. At least try! I am trying to do life as Christ would have me to live. Which at times can make you feel like you are out in the middle of no where alone. But I can definitely say I would follow my Adam anywhere. I may not be a newlywed anymore but I am still a bride as my husband calls me. I am his precious and I am thankful he tells me I am precious at least once a day. I hope this wasn't too boring to read but I had to let you all know that in my head I am still playing house some times just maybe not Little House. :)

1 comment:

JandK Walters said...

I have never heard of any of these movies and Jess and I used to act out Dirty Dancing? um....I think we were WAY to worldly way to quick. I need to see these.. and want girls like you and Sally Ann as teenagers can you pray for that for me!