Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Praise

On Sunday night I had a normal Hopper/McCraw meltdown. I couldn't explain it but I was furious with my husband over many stupid things. Adam has become my compliment giver. I almost demand praise from him and when I don't get I fall apart. I know sometimes your husband should be your encouragement but he had become my source. Attention please is what I tell him when I feel sorry for myself and I need something.

Today at work, I listened to one of Beth Moore's 30 minute online Bible studies. You can imagine at work I miss alot of what she is saying but today the end struck me. I want to be praised by my husband, my mom, etc. I am addicted to someone saying you are such a good wife, good co-worker, etc. I look for it. Everyday. I must not look for mans praise. I must seek God's approval only.

Lord, I only want you. Only your encouragement. May I praise you contantly. Help me to give you my all. All my worries and desires. Please fulfill my heart with your love. Amen.

1 comment:

inthemiddleoflife said...

Oh Emily, this is so true and I can tell you that - as a woman of 50+ years of being addicted to approval, it is probably the hardest thing I battle. At least, knowing that Eve started it...reassures us that ALL women struggle with it to a degree! And, you've gotten the truth so early. Praise the Father! May that truth give you a quickness to recognize it and a confidence that He will fill it. Love, Aunt Deb