Wednesday, September 26, 2007

joy

Wednesday was another very hard day. Work was long and tiring. I try to leave work at work. The only work that is continious is God's. Tonight at church was great. Adam taught a lesson about David's character. It brings me great joy to see our new young Christians digging deep. Logan (who is 16 and young in his walk) could not get his head around God allowing David & Batheshebas baby to die. Why? He kept asking, why would God take Davids child-he didn't do anything. I know its a hard question but its so good because he is questioning and wanted Jesus to teach him. Logan is going to be a great tool for Jesus.

Then on the way home I was listening to a preacher on the radio which I normally cannot do. I came in at the middle but God used what little I heard. I have been struggling with where I seek praise and I have always been dramatic. Not drama queen whiny but just oh woe is me my day was bad even if it really wasn't that bad. This pastor was teaching on just having fun in God. Just take some time to laugh and love your Jesus. I have to learn to do this daily I know it will help take the edge off. I have learned that if I dance around like a crazy person when the stress comes on it will help. I have proven this many times. Try it just think about the SugarHill Gang ( i think thats the name of the band) song Apache and hum the Jump on it part in your head while dancing around and you will smile. :) God loves for me to smile.

1 comment:

JandK Walters said...

I love the "only work that is continuous is God's" that is a line I will keep with me for a while. It is hard to leave my work at work somedays. Others it is amazingly easy how quickly I can forget about children hurting or children going home to parents that are failing them. However, you are right at the end of the day it is never Katie who saves, Katie who helps, Katie who redeems he is in control and has way more love for all than Katie. So I will remember this as I choose to come home and do the fun spectacular work of becoming one with my man and lovin on my babes!


PS: I was supposed to ask you I know this is late notice do you think your people would be up for a charelston weekend on oct 19th-21st. my girls can do it and we can of course be at my moms house. Let me know! Love. K