Thursday, September 20, 2007

my children

Last night (Wednesday) Adam and I took our youth along with another church to a concert in Spartanburg. Our students were placed with students from another church at camp. Well they became fast friends and we try to do stuff together since they are from Greenville. The Calvary kids we affectionately call them. So last night we took off with a bus full of fun. PJ Burgess is apprently really my kid in fact more than once last night I heard mommy can I sit with you or mommy tell Brandon to live me alone? He warms my heart. I know God has given me these special gifts until I have my own kids to follow me around. Anyway, the concert was at Spartanburg FBC. The Hanger is what they call their student center. A multi-millon dollar building. Its amazing what God has done there. They average 400 to 500 kids on any Wednesday night. Its amazing. Our dear friend Jack Eason, who introduced Adam and I was there with his band along with Foster Christy. I love this man. Understand I really don't like to hug many men. Even men at church that I know. But Foster gives the best big hugs. He was a running back ( i think) at Auburn in the early 80's. This man is the best. Jack Eason is the lead singer for the Sound of Light band. The Sound of Light is a radio ministry out of Spartanburg. If you get a His Radio affiliate listen on Saturday nights from 7pm to 10pm. This is great music for youth and always an awesome message. Back to the night. Our kids were so happy because they were able to see Jack and Foster, who were at camp, plus their friends. It was a wonderful night.

At the end 2 things.
1) The best thing!! One of our on accepted Jesus into their heart. We have been investing in the young man for awhile and I couldn't be happier that he surrendered.

2) Jack had been to South Africa with Cross International over the summer and the night before had saved 100 orphans from a village through giving. Last night he challenged us to search our own hearts to give sacrificially toward saving the last 40. Well it would take 2800.00 to save the last 40 for a year. Oh how I wished I had 2800.00 I don't know what was raised but it made me wonder about our child Kinfe. How is he and what can I pray about for him. I just pray that I can continue to give as Jesus wants me to and I know that He will take care of these last 40 orphans.

No comments: