Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sunset Watch



For Memorial Day, Adam and I were able to travel to Lake Lure to be with my family over the holiday. The picture above was from this fall, I was pregnant with Anna Grace and didn't know yet. It always makes me smile to think she was with us that day and how are lives were about to change. We were so excited to find out she was on her way.

Sunday afternoon Adam went to church and I stayed back to pack for myself and Adam as well as Pepper. I had forgotten what its like to get her ready for one overnight visit. I laughed to myself thinking of what it will be like in a few weeks when Anna Grace is here. It should make packing for Pepper seem like a breeze.

Once we arrived Sunday, the family sat around and talked about Anna Grace and Baby Brown (who will be here around the end of Nov or first of Dec.) My cousin Lance and his wife Blair are expecting their first child. I can't explain excitement I feel when I think about Christmas with Hoppers and two new infants. If you know my family you know what this will be like. Lots of love and laughter and chaos. Anyway, then we played the game signs. I was very fearful that I was going into labor. I laughed so hard and for so long that I thought I was going to laugh her out. At one point two different people were throwing around signs. Plus ONE of us never knew when she had a sign. No, it wasn't me. If one game wasn't enough, we played Apples to Apples after that. It was a fun night and Adam and I always enjoy laughing with our family.

Monday, Mom and I went into to downtown Chimney Rock and "shopped" nothing too serious. She did buy me one more outfit. I am so excited because its so cute and so comfortable. Its something too that will fit perfectly after I have Anna Grace.

Then Monday night, we had hotdogs and celebrated Pop Pops and Adam as Veterans. We had an incredible view of the lake with the sunset and the rain. The name of the house is Sunset Watch and it is incredible to sit on that porch and watch the sun fall behind the mountains. It was great, Adam and I didn't want to leave but we have a busy week ahead. Dr. visits, a golf tournament that Adam and put together for our youth, and of course the fact that AG could be here anytime. :)

No comments: