Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update and Prayers

Some of you may know that I have been in the hospital since Monday afternoon. I have been having contractions because of extra fluid and this was putting me into pre-term labor. This morning, Dr Greig drew a liter and half of amniotic fluid out of my uterus. Don't worry, I didn't feel a thing. Adam was able to stay with me during the procedure and I have slept a lot today.

My contractions have stopped. In preparation for AG, I have gotten a round of steriod shots to mature the baby's lungs. This will last about 2 week at which point I will be 29 weeks. Our first goal is 34 weeks and after that Dr. Greig feels like we can make it until 38 weeks. I will be on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy... possibly working part time and from home. I will remain the hospital until at least Wednesday afternoon.

Please prayer that AG will continue to thrive and grow. Also, that I will do exactly what I need to and that the Lord will fully heal AG. We are optimistic and continue to follow the prescriptions of our doctor (who we love, by the way!). Please pray for him as well. His name is Dr. Greig.

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

Emily, I look forward to the time I can talk to you. I'm glad you're doing well though. We are trying to work it out where we'll be home next weekend, but I'm still waiting to hear about a possible move with my office that weekend. Otherwise, we'll be home! I can't wait to see you. We're praying for you, AG and Adam. We also have everyone we know praying for yall! Love you!