Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow day 2009


I love snow days! When I was younger we would sit up at night and wait for the "snow" that would be coming.

One histerical memory was from probably around 1992. We all loaded up and went to my Aunt Barbara's to wait for the snow that was supposed to start around 11pm or midnight. Everyone was wrapped up in the pj's with dreams of sledding and snow cream. So, when the 11pm weather came on we were speechless. Jack Roper (news channel 7) says, "folks, the snow appears to be disappaiting before it hits the ground." Do you know what that does to a 10 year old? I can remember being angry with him for years. Not only did my parents let a 10 year old stay up way past her bed time but now I had to go to school the next day because the snow was not real.

When it began falling Sunday night, Adam and I were thrilled. First thing Monday we got up and put on anything warm we could and took Pepper and AG out in the snow. The picture above was taken right before Adam hit his daughter with her first snow ball. Good thing she was tucked away in Mom's belly.

A few updates on AG. She is still moving like a maniac. She loves music more and more each day. Has began to move positions if her Daddy is talking to her. She HATES when he blows on my stomach. I can feel her tighten up and squirm to get away from the vibrations.

On Thursday, we have a doctors appointment with Dr. Greig. Of course, we are always nervous with these because each one has brought about new concerns. But I am confident in my God. He has a plan. Please be praying for us as we seek direction and pray for healing for our sweet Anna Grace. I will be updating with new info from the appointment as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Traye, Brandi, LeeAnn, & Emily said...

I can remember those days too! My girls stayed up until midnight watching it fall! I will be praying for you in the morning! Love you all!chr

Nena said...

Just wait "Daddy" when Anna Grace is old enough to hit you with a snowball. Grandma will teach her how to throw so she will get you right between the eyes. HAHA.

I love you. Call me after the appointment.

Love,
Mom