Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Doggie discipline



Adam and I always wanted a puppy. When we first got married we decided to wait until we moved back to Greenville. Then it became we can't have animals while we rent. Last summer when I got sick, we decided to pursue getting a puppy because the doctors wanted us to wait to have a little one. Basically because my body was tired and I still had a Chron's flare up.

We brought Pepper home in August. Not only was my body tired but the doctors had told us it could take awhile to get prego. Well what do they know. My mom had told us, you are going to get the dog, and watch you will get pregnant. I didn't believe her because I wanted a baby desperately.

Adam and I jumped into training P to do all sorts of tricks. She had social times with Sadie, my parents dog, and was adjusting well. Now, months later, she is STILL a puppy. I love her dearly but can't help but think, her life is about to be turned upside down with AG. We talk about AG alot and tell Pepper that she is going to have a dear new friend shortly.

Now, as I look at my precious pup, she is racked out on the couch from her 6am walk with her Daddy. We are hpoing this will help her with energy issues. We are also going to buy a baby doll soon to walk around with and put in the crib. So far, so good, she has shown NO interest in the crib, swing, pack and play or high chair, just the packing materials they all come in!

1 comment:

Nena said...

That's the way all the kids are....
They had rather play with the packings instead of the toys......
Pepper will be a great friend to Anna Grace. I can see it now, you will not be able to separate them.