Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Home sweet home

Well, we are home from the hospital. Thankfully my contractions stopped around 5pm on Monday and remained stopped through Tuesday and last night. The scary part is I could not feel these contractions and they were two minutes apart and lasting 20 to 40 seconds. All I could feel was pressure on every other contraction. I just knew Monday I felt different.

So! We are home on home monitoring which means I will be monitored a few times a day and the information will be sent to a nurse who will call me if I need to report back to the hospital. Also, if I begin to feel pressure I can strap myself to the monitors and check, just in case.

The plan still remains the same. I am 33 weeks today and Dr. Greig would like to see me make it to 38 weeks. So, 5 more to go! If I continue to have spellls of contractions I will go back in the hospital to be monitored around the clock. Pray I can continue to stay home because this will be easier for all involved.

Needless to say, Adam and I are packing our hospital bag now. So we don't have to make a mad dash next time. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you precious! We are praying for all of you. Whenever she comes, we can't wait to welcome AG into the Hopper clan and are already making plans....but we're praying with you that she stays put a bit longer :)
Much love,
C

inthemiddleoflife said...

Emily and Adam, we've been praying. God is Sovereign and He knows her birth-date...so rest in that.
Can't wait to see this precious one and hold her.
Aunt Deb