Tuesday, October 16, 2007

sigh

Let me start by saying I respect what I know about Ellen Degeneras because I don't feel like she pushes her beliefs on her tv show. She is always funny and polite and does her job. Well I am watching E tonight which I have to admit is a guilty pleasure and see her sobbing on tv over a dog. I love dogs and most animals but lets face it and hope no one kills me on this one. Its a DOG. Not a human. Basically she is devasted because she adopted a puppy, couldn't keep it, and gave it to her a family friend. Well in the paperwork from the adoption agency she is to only give the dog back if he doesn't work out. She is outraged because the dog was taken from these kids and now they are upset. I understand that its hard if a puppy is taken away. But why oh why are people not outraged and crying about the children starving across our nation or other major injustices. Why are we concerned over a puppy? Tonight I was convicted about caring about what celebs are doing. I should be much more concerned with worldy happenings not what is happening in tinsel town.

Now that all thats off my chest. We have a busy week. Next week is homecoming at NGU. Adam is sick with thte cold that I had last week. Except he is much sicker. Hopefully he will be ready for the full weekend we have planned with Caroline and Ben. The Lord has been busy at church. Adam received a raise, Awana is growing and maintaining, and the youth keep us as busy as ever. I pray the Lord will continue to bless us as week seek Him.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Jusr read the full account of the story. Ellen received the dog from a rescue organization, it wouldn't get along with her cats. She gave the dog to her hair-dresser.

When she received the dog, she signed a contract saying she wouldn't give it to anyone else. The rescue organization wants to check out it's clients.

Ellen needs to respect contract law. Like the rest of us do everyday.

(And isn't Ellen a lot like Oprah?)