Monday, October 22, 2007

Blessed be the horn of our Salvation


Zechariah's Prophecy
67 Then his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit (BC) and prophesied: (BD)

68 Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, (BE)

because He has visited

and provided redemption for His people. (BF)

69 He has raised up a horn of salvation [s] for us (BG)

in the house of His servant David, (BH)

70 just as He spoke by the mouth

of His holy prophets in ancient times; (BI)

71 salvation from our enemies

and from the clutches [t] of those who hate us.

72 He has dealt mercifully with our fathers (BJ)

and remembered His holy covenant (BK) —

73 the oath that He swore to our father Abraham. (BL)

He has given us the privilege,

74 since we have been rescued

from our enemies' clutches, [u]

to serve Him without fear

75 in holiness and righteousness

in His presence all our days.

76 And child, you will be called

a prophet of the Most High, (BM)

for you will go before the Lord

to prepare His ways, (BN)

77 to give His people knowledge of salvation

through the forgiveness of their sins. (BO)

78 Because of our God's merciful compassion,

the Dawn from on high (BP) will visit us

79 to shine on those who live in darkness

and the shadow of death, (BQ)

to guide our feet into the way of peace.


I wanted to share what the Lord shared with me tonight. I am slowly going through a Beth Moore study and I wanted to shout with joy tonight with what I am learning.

"Blessed be the horn of our salvation! Jesus Christ was the ram whose head was wrapped in thorns (see Gen. 22) to secure God's blessing for all who would recieve it. The very heart of the gospel is realizing that God not simply provide a sacrafice for us but instead of us. That is the good news. There is only on way to recieve it after we have understood it- with profound humilty and gratitude.

No matter what is going on in my life and in the lives of those close to me He is going to provide. I am determined to let him have my fears that are all around in this time of question.

Dear Lord~ Only you know the concerns that are on your daughters heart. I give them to you. Take them all, from the ones I might could handle and the ones I have no chance to solve. Protect those that I am burdended for. Help me to encourage them and be there for them. Please move in their hearts and Lord I claim you salvation on their lives. Thank you for providing a sacrafice. Fill my heart, my home, and may everything I touch leave your mark and not mine. I love you. Amen

1 comment:

inthemiddleoflife said...

Emily, I love your heart and how the Lord is teaching you. Isn't He so personal??? Keep clinging to His Word and He will continue showing you "great and mighty things". Jeremiah 33:3 love, Aunt Deb