Saturday, October 13, 2007

old friends

Three years ago this week Adam and I began our service at Reedy River Baptist Church, in Greenville, SC. The Rev. Rodney Jeanes was the pastor at the time serving beside his wife and at the time 4 young babies. Joseph, Reanna, Ryan, & Jason. Ralinda, his wife, was 8 months pregnant with Jayln. Jayln Grace Jeanes was born Oct. 4. I fell in love with that child from the moment I first held her. She loving called me " Mommy me" as soon as she could say it. Jayln knew my love for her and Adam knew my love for her. Of course I loved the other 4 just as much but J and I have a bond.

Last Dec. Rodney and Ralinda left RRBC and now after a long journey are in Easley, SC. Well last night the gang got together. We laughed and played until midnight. J and I had a blast she now calls me Emily which breaks my heart but her love for me hasn't changed. Now she even loves Ad. In fact they had a ball together last night. She chattered away with him and he loving tossed her about and answered to her every whim.

Lately women have been on my mind. From my sister, to Kayte, my sis in law, to my mom,to my cousin Jessi finding out they were having a girl, and everyone in between. But I wanted to get my love also to all the women who have impacted my life young and old. I love you and I appreciate you. I long to be a Mom and you have helped me to wait on Jesus to bless and I know He will.

1 comment:

inthemiddleoflife said...

Emily, precious one...He hears your heart for a girlfriend closeby and I just know that He will answer it! Gibson (the girlfriend prayer warrior) and I will be diligently asking on your behalf. It is a lonely time, I know, but cling to His promises and know that He is faithful! I'm claiming Psalm 23:6 for you in this regard...
Aunt Deb