Monday, October 1, 2007

Power of Prayer







The four people in this picture are some of my favorite people. The women in the middle of these precious boys is my Mom's best friend, GB. On her left is Reid, behind is Hatcher, and in her lap is Harrison. In July of 2001 GB's husband Bill died suddenly in the middle of the night. Harrison was 6 months old. I knew her personal strength all my life. Last month she left for a year long mission trip with "the boys." I recieved an email this morning from my Mom this morning and I wept with joy for these four. In this picture they are at the breakroom at the International House of Prayer where they will be for about 4-6 months or until the Lord tells her otherwise. From here they will go to Thailand and work at Im Jai house (an orphange) for however long. I must admit I am envious. Could I do this? Could I trust God after He didn't save my husband from death? Could I just take my 3 boys and trust him to take care of me? Well GB trusted and below is the email that she sent. I hope you are blessed by reading this.




International House of Prayer
Kansas City, MO
September 30, 2007

I am awestruck by how God continues to work in my children. Attached are several photos of us this past week.

Photo 1 – Harrison
Harrison is next in line to pray for the Island of Fiji. He did not know where or what it was and asked me, “What should I pray?” I responded, “Ask God, He will tell you.” His prayer: “God bless the children and give them the sword of your spirit.” He has become quite the prayer warrior here.

Photo 2 and 3: Reid and Hatcher praying for healing.

Graham Walsh taught our class on Wednesday about the power of healing prayer. At the end he prayed over individuals in our class. Many were healed, including myself for neck pain I’d had for at least 4 months. Reid is helping Graham pray for a man’s knee, he had a 50% reduction in his pain level. Hatcher (photo 3) is praying for a Korean woman who was on crutches and in severe pain. Her leg grew about 1 inch in length as the group prayed and watched. She walked around afterwards (without the crutches) and kept nodding her head looking slightly in shock.

Reid has had 2 different occurrences of someone walking up and prophesying over him, both words were almost identical. I see that he is taking this knowledge of what God has in store for him in a very serious and deep way.

Photo 4: As a family we helped usher at one of the services. The boys especially liked wearing the vests.

Photo 5: Taking a break from the prayer room at the coffee shop next door. What a special time for us to be together in worshiping the Lord and learning deeper truths of God’s word.

We pray for Cherokee County every week. Tonight Reid prayed for you over the microphone. Join us in praying for our county to be a place so filled with the presence of God that visitors notice it when they drive into the county limits.

God’s blessings to you all,

Gloria and boys




No comments: