Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let' try this again...

Delight. Enjoy. Seek. I have been going through this words a lot latetly. God is doing a mighty work in my heart. He is showing me, again, that life with Him is daily surrender from Emily to Jesus. I don't think I am a selfish person I just tend to begin my quest to make the world happy when all that matters is Him. He is my happiness.

This summer Adam and I have been non-stop. VBS, camp with Foster Christy, who by the way is amazing. Teen Jam every Friday night...:) in a gym with no air. :) I guess God has taken our new adventures at church to a new level. Our Awana progam starts up soon and I am Co Commander. I can't wait. I love being able to love on all the kids and helping them learn the Word of God. Camp at Garden City Beach was a highlight of the summer. The youth learned so much and rejuvinated their souls. Of course, I over did it and was dehydrated by Tuesday. Yes, I couldn't put weight on my feet and I was alone while everyone was at worship. I knew God would send me someone before I would be desperate. He never ceases to amaze me.

School has started back for Adam. 3 more semesters. North Greenville is great and I love working their and loving on the students I work with.

Sally Ann is a senior this year. I cannot believe it. She has had the best summer ever. Top 10 at Miss SC Teen and a decision on where to attend school on top of growing closer to Jesus.

Thank you Jesus for my family and friends that you have sent to encourage and love me for me. I love you!

3 comments:

JandK Walters said...

Hey girl! I am so happy to find you on here! I will keep reading so keep me posted. yall are crazy busy w/ ministry just like us! I love it! You look so beautiful and Sally Ann as well! keep posting, ill keep reading! lOve ya! Katie

inthemiddleoflife said...

Emily, i love your heart and how the Lord is using you! Press in...
Come visit us/stay with us - maybe a cousins' weekend in Chlstn???

Jessi said...

Oh yay, I'm glad I found this too! I love hearing about families lives!

Jessi