Sunday, August 26, 2007

Airborne

If you don't know my husband let me introduce you to the adventure seeking, crazy person that he is. In the picture above is Chaplain Helms, still enlisted in the Army, Adam, and Jeremy. Adam and Jeremy meet in Basic Training and have been best friends since. If you were at our wedding you saw Jeremy and his wife Amber sing. Adam and Chaplain Helms had adventures in Iraq that I never want to hear about...

Adam appears calm and subdued until you really get to know him. In July, Adam bought a kayak. He loves it! For his 27th birthday we gave him kayak shoes, watertight bags, something to hold his ipod, keys, and whatever else he can stick in the kayak. This is just one of many thing he loves to do. If he could still jump out of airplanes everyday he would. Something I love dearly about him is that he challenges me to be nuts. I love my feet on the ground. I like rollercoasters but I have to psych myself up to get on them. My aunt has a lake house at Lake Lure in NC. Adam loves to jump from her boat house into the water. I am content to jump from the ladder about 1 ft. from the water. But together I feel like I can jump from the top of the boat house and I can ride the rollercoasters that I actually love now. Anyway this is a random blog, just to say that today I am feeling adventurous and ready to face what might come my way.

Lord, thank you for the adventure of life. I am so happy I am spending it with my wonderful hubby.

3 comments:

Adam said...

You make me sound like some adrenaline junkie. Yes, I do love to jump from "perfectly good airplanes," run heart-pounding whitewater rapids, and pretty much anything else that scares you...but I am a wallflower compared to real thrillseekers. But you know what, I think it is cool that you see me as adventurous. The biggest adventure I have been on has been the last 3+ years. Talk about an adrenaline rush!!!

emilymburgess said...

BTW I love you...
You are a junkie and you know it. The most calm thing you do is golf. I love you...

The Elliotts said...

I just want both of you to know that today Kevin and I went to Ft. Bragg. After talking to Adam about where I could find Areosault wings (I know I didn't spell that right) we ended up in 82nd Airborne museum. I was waiting for Kevin to come out of the restroom and there was the video with one of the songs and some pictures from Afganastan and Iraq. I stood there and cried like a baby. Now, reading this blog about my little brother here I am sitting in the public library crying again. What in the world! I love you both!