Tuesday, September 9, 2008

sweet





I have been meaning to catch my blogging world up on my sister and her first boyfriend. Caleb and Sally Ann have been officially dating for 2 months. sigh. He asked her out at my grandparents house really late one night. Which is where Adam kissed me the first time. sigh again.

Caleb is my pastor's son and is a Sophomore at Clemson where he plays on the football team. sigh. We can't get away from cute Clemson boys. I never dated a Carolina guy. Ever. Her first boyfriend...is a Clemson football player. The Lord has such a since of humor.

Last Saturday, Mom, Sally and I went to the Clemson/Citadel game and with 2 minutes left Caleb played in his first collegiate football game. You would have thought he had thrown the winning pass in the superbowl the way we were carrying on. It was so amazing to watch. I know how hard he worked all year and this summer to get where he is now. It reminded of how hard our walk with Christ can be but how rewarding everything will be in the end.

So I look at Sally and Caleb as having a new start, a new found joy in each other. Caleb is a reminder of hard work and the pay off and I am blessed to have been there to be a part.

2 comments:

The Elliotts said...

Aww...I'm so happy for Sally and Caleb. They are so cute together. I'm glad that you guys could find cute Clemson boys too. They are the best. :) I love you!

Randy said...

It's so good to see your girls walk around with tiger paws on your shirts.