Tuesday, March 25, 2008

whirlwind

These past few weeks have seemed to be a whirlwind. Adam and I have been making decisions on grad school, cars, life etc. So I thought I would catch you up on the work God is doing.

First and best of all: Easter!
Easter weekend was great. We spent time with family and friends and basked in the love of Christ. Both of us had nursery/childrens church that morning during worhsip but thats our element so it worked perfect. That afternoon was spent with family in Gaffney. My Aunt has many random animals (pictures to follow) Her turkey Ethel, became infatuated with my husband and adores him. Donna has turkeys, chickens, pigs, and a calf. I will let the pictures tell the story.

Our newest adventure: Adam will be starting Grad school before he finishes his Undergrad at NGU. Its an amazing opportunity at North Greenville for him to recieve his MBA. This is just another amazing blessing that Christ has given us.

Lastly: I don't even have the words to form a title. So, I will begin with describing my hubby.

Adam is a very smart money machine. When we first were married money wasn't important and we spent it like it was going out of style. Then we met Dave Ramsey. Enough said you will catch on to rest.
I have an older Camry and we are preaparing for a family and decided we need a newer car. About 6-8 months ago we started saving to buy a car in cash. I have never bought a car new or used so I was completely unprepared. But not Adam. We began searching, set our price, and test drove ones we liked. Well, Monday Adam saw a Volkswagon Passat (what I want) in town. He called me and I came by after work to drive. Well I fell in love and we ended up being able to keep the car overnight and see what we thought. That brings you to today at 4:45pm.

I arrived at the dealership, palms sweating. I don't like confrotation at all. Meanwhile my husband researched all day on negotiation tactics. He runs our house like the 82nd Airborne sometime. Anyway. If you know me well you know that I become nervous easily and I tend to say things to break the silence. This is something you do not do while haggaling with a dealer. We went back and forth to the point that Adam and Mr. Small ( 6 ft man) were face to face staring at each other and I blurt out....I can't stand this at all! I hate this! Both of them burst out laughting and I sink in my chair wishing I could escape.

At the end of the 1 hour shuffle we ended up driving our new car home. Its an 03 Passat and fully loaded. I couldn't be happier and I am so glad that Adam researched took care of me because I wouldn't know daily what to do with out him.

4 comments:

Randy said...

Congrats on the new car.

Ashley Beth said...

Yea new car! Don't you just love the smell! By the way I started blogging. I didn't tell anyone because I wanted to test it out first, but its been a few weeks so I am coming out!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaay new car!! That's so exciting!

Adam said...

Oh yeah! I am fierce. Fear me all used car salesmen! Grrrrrrr!!!