Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Where we are


Unfortunately I do not know how to start this blog. So, I will just go with it and see what happens.

Christmas was wonderful. Anna Grace loved everything about it. Just like her parents. She received so many incredible gifts and Adam and I realized more and more how loved she is by our families and friends.

On December 29th, we had a follow up MRI of her spine to get a baseline scan to see where we stand. The scan was mostly easy for Anna Grace and myself. Adam went to work for this scan since it was done in Greenville and my mom and mom-in-law went with me. A few days after the scan was when the whirlwind hit.

My pediatrician, Dr. P. called and let me in on the news. There were some uncertainties on the scan and he was referring us to a neuro-surgeon. Dr. T was able to see us last week and give us the breakdown for Anna Grace.

Basically, she has a Lipoma at the base of her spine that is grown up her back. Because of the location the Lipoma is tangled in her spinal cord. Which will make surgery hard but the removal has to happen. Our prayer is that when Dr. T does surgery in a few months that the nerves will not be involved and he can remove the lipoma and Anna Grace can make a full recovery.

Please be in prayer for a complete healing.
Peace for Adam and I as we make decisions regarding the surgery.
For the team of Doctors who will be working on this case.

I will be continuing to update on Anna Grace and use this blog as a means of communication in the future.

Thank you for your prayers. We serve a mighty God and a healing God and we want Glory to be brought to Him in every situation.

3 comments:

Rudy Jones said...

Sorry to see this, but we're praying for y'all. Love, Rudy, Doris, Edna and Mae.

Nena said...

Anna Grace is an amazing gift from God. She has been through so much to be so young, but God has been with her and will continue to be with her. I will pray for her complete healing. I love all of you. Give her kisses from Grandma!

Unknown said...

she looks beautiful! Em i will be thinking of yall and praying for all of you. His ways are perfect! love you all and miss you- sarah